11.01.2012

Half-marathon training - Week 2

Week 2 of half-marathon training was almost cut to naught with the visit of Hurricane Sandy.  We were in a tropical storm warning with winds going over 40 mph.  This prompted the school board to cancel schools last Friday much to our delight.  I was able to run my Tuesday short run but skipped Thursday's.  It was rainy and windy that evening.  So, when our neighbor's lawn guys woke me up at 7:30 the next day, I decided to go for a run.  I thought, nah, those clouds are not going to fall anytime soon!  Well, it did. The rain came with a vengeance, and sideways.  In a matter of seconds I was soaked to my socks!  I had to take off my glasses because I couldn't see and when I took them off I couldn't open my eyes!  Some would call it dedication; I say, foolishness; to think that I could outrun the clouds!!!  


Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment